Welcome from the Cleveland HS Band Parent’s Association (CvHS BPA)
CvHS BPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
CvHS BPA provides support for Cleveland Arts Performance Ensemble throughout each season and encourages active involvement by students, parents and friends of the band. Much of the information you need to get started is available below. If your student is a member of an ensemble this season, you will gain full access to the members portion of the website upon completing and returning the Parent/Student Information form and the Medical Permission form (both downloadable below). These can be returned to the band room or mailed in.
We encourage online entry of most information via the website. If paper documents are preferred or required, they can be placed in the black mail box outside the band directors office in the band room. You can drop forms, checks, etc in the box or have your student do it. Make all checks payable to: Cleveland HS Band Parent’s Assoc
You can also mail documents for the band to:
Cleveland High School BPA
65 Glen Rd
Garner, NC 27529
Please be sure your students name is clearly indicated on any paperwork.
Forms and Useful Information:
- New Member Brochure. A handy three fold introduction to the program, useful for new and veteran members. The brochure provides quick references of some of the important dates and other reminders members need to know.
- 2018-2019 Season Introduction. This is all the information from the new parent meeting. It includes a description of the programs, important dates, contact information and more.
- Cleveland Band Handbook. The handbook details expectations of students and parents that comes with participation in the program. A review of the handbook will often answer many of the questions new members have about the program.
- Student/Parent Information and Medical Permission Forms. These forms are REQUIRED to be completed before the start of the season. Completion of these forms gives us information we need to have to allow your student to participate in the program. It also give us what we need to grant you access to the website and include you on emails so you can stay up to date on the latest happenings.
- The commitment letter is our way of providing complete information about the upcoming season. It covers the details about both the financial obligations and time commitment necessary to be a part of a successful program. Prior to joining the ensemble, the parent and student must review, sign and return the form so we know everyone has the same understanding of the upcoming season. The letter was distributed at the parent meeting at the beginning of the season. If you need another copy to review, they can be downloaded here:
- The easiest way to pay your fair share pledge is by using our online payment portal. This links below provides a simple, online way to pay your fair share online. Credit and debit cards are both accepted. A 3% processing fee is automatically added to cover our costs.
- Student Sponsorship Form. Sponsorship provides a means for a parent or friend of the band to sponsor the program or a student. You can provide a donation to the general fund, sponsor a student in need of assistance (board selects) or sponsor a specific student by name. You can setup your sponsorship online here or if you prefer, download the and use the form.
- Johnston County School Volunteer website. To be a chaperone or work events with the students, you must be registered as a Level 2 volunteer with Johnston County Schools. To register or check your current status, visit the link shown here after July 4th.
- PNC Arena and Walnut Creek. To volunteer to work events at PNC Arena or Coastal Credit Music Park (Walnut Creek) or to sign up for training, go the the iVolunteer website. Once you are registered at the site, you will receive notifications when new events open up and can sign up to work on the site. This is a great way to earn points towards your student accounts. Questions? Email the PNC Committee.
- Shop with Scrip. Earn money towards your points shopping at all the places you would normally shop – but Shop with Scrip instead of paying cash. Go the the Shop with Scrip website for all the current offerings. If you need to sign up, the information needed is posted in the Members section of the website (login required). Questions? Email the Scrip coordinator.
- Corporate Sponsorships. Many of the businesses in the area are willing to help support the band through financial sponsorships. You just need to reach out and ask! They can either read about the program and sign up for sponsorship online here, or you can print out the information and visit them in person. Download the 2018-2019 Sponsorship Program information here. The form used to submit new sponsor information is available for download here.
- Many other opportunities are available throughout the season to help you raise funds for the program and your points account. Check out the event calendar often to keep up on what’s happening!
Hopefully you find this information useful in clearing up some of the questions regarding the program. At any time you can email the BPA board or the band director to find out more. Once we have your information forms, you will automatically be included in emails sent out with periodic information updates.
Thank you for your interest and participation in the CvHS Band Parent’s Association. Together we’ll make sure your student has a wonderful, memorable season!
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. This license is not an endorsement by the State.